In advance of St. Thomas’s feast day, I give you a list of his appearances on this blog:
- He didn’t recommend drinking wine as a remedy for sorrow.
- He probably didn’t say that bearing wrongs patiently is a mark of perfection (though it is).
- He didn’t say that the things we love tell us who they are. Thomas Merton did.
- He didn’t suggest taking someone by the hand to guide them to conversion.
- He didn’t write pagan nonsense about eons of harmony.
I confidently predict that the one about wine will be all over the interwebz, again, on his feast day. Sigh.
(Updated Jan. 28, 2018.)